Home Improvement Contractors in St Albans
Thinking of upgrading your home electrics? The team at KG Electrical Contractors are qualified and experienced electricians working in and around St Albans.
From concept to completion, we offer a comprehensive range of home improvement services, to keep your home safe, compliant and future-proof. Our services include:
- Professional rewiring
- Upgrading of consumer units
- Installing new electrical systems and devices such as LED lights, audio visual equipment and smart home automation systems
Need some help? Get in contact today
Even for the handiest of DIY enthusiasts, rewiring your home is a job best left to the professionals. Our fully qualified electricians will expertly rewire your home, giving you peace of mind that your home electrics are in safe hands and that they comply with all building regulations.
Here’s what you can expect from our rewiring services:
- Full or partial rewiring, depending on your needs
- New wiring for home extensions or loft conversions
- Minimal disruption throughout the rewiring process
We are happy to work alongside other contractors if you’re taking the opportunity to rewire your property as part of a wider renovation project.
Find out more about our domestic rewiring services
Upgrading consumer units
Whether you’re upgrading an old-fashioned fuse box or looking to relocate your consumer unit, our home improvement contractors will get the job done safely.
Our electricians can:
- Carry out an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) to assess the safety of your consumer unit
- Upgrade your consumer unit to ensure the safety of your property
- Answer any questions you may have about the upgrade.
Want to save energy and cut your electricity bills? Our electricians will replace your traditional incandescent lighting with energy-efficient LEDs.
- Energy-efficient lighting installed by professional engineers
- A wide choice of colours to complement your home
- LED lighting fitted throughout your property, inside or outside
- Longer-life bulbs (LED bulbs typically last up to 10 years)
EV charging point installation
Our electricians are certified electric vehicle charging point installers. We’ll recommend the right place to situate your charging point near to where your electric vehicle is parked – either inside your garage or within easy reach of your driveway.
- Registered OLEV installers
- EV chargepoint maintenance and repair
Not sure if a charging point is affordable for you? We’ll help you to claim a grant of up to 75% of the cost of the installation, under the EHVS (Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme).
Turn your house into a smart home with a home automation system designed and installed by KG Electrical Contractors. With intelligent automation, the appliances in your home are connected to the cloud so that they can be managed and controlled remotely from a smart device.
Our team of specialists can install and connect smart appliances including:
- Thermostats, heating and air conditioning systems
- Security cameras
- Entertainment systems
IT and audio-visual upgrades
In today’s homes, IT and AV systems are in constant use, for everything from home working to evening entertainment. So it’s important to stay up to date.
Our IT and AV services include:
- Computer networking
- Cabling installation and maintenance
- Installing centralised audio-visual systems
Why choose KG Electrical Contractors as your home improvement contractors?
KG Electrical Contractors is a team of reliable, trustworthy and transparent contractors with over 15 years’ experience in the industry. This, combined with our happy-to-help approach to the work we do, means we can guarantee to deliver a high-quality home improvement project along with exceptional customer service.
“The electricians carried out the work promptly, professionally and efficiently.”
Case StudiesView all case studies
Feature lighting was required during a new driveway installation. The idea was to light up the entrance to the driveway so that everyone pulling on and off the driveway could see better.