Fire Alarm Testing Service in St Albans
Fire alarms save lives. But only if they’re working properly! Don’t take any chances – hire our qualified electricians for a complete fire alarm installation, maintenance and testing service. We’re a reliable and trustworthy team putting our customers first every time. We’re happy to visit homes in St Albans, Hertfordshire and surrounding areas.
Fire alarm testing and maintenance
Don’t wait until it’s too late. For complete safety and peace of mind, it’s vital to make sure your fire alarm is serviced regularly, so you can rely on it in an emergency. We offer a testing service you can trust:
- All your questions answered, so you know exactly what you’re getting
- Professional fire alarm testing carried out by a competent, qualified electrical engineer
- Fire alarm repair or replacement – we’re completely transparent in everything we do, so we’ll explain what needs doing, before we go ahead.
Need some help? Get in contact today
Do I need a new fire alarm?
It’s recommended that every home should have at least one working smoke alarm on each level of the house. The Fire Service recommends that smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years. So, if your fire alarm has been in place for a few years, or you don’t have enough alarms to cover your entire home, it may be time to install one or more new ones.
Detecting a house fire in its early stages is important, but your smoke alarm needs to be located in the right place to detect the fire and alert you in time. We can help you to think about where to position your fire alarms to maximise that early warning. Good positions include:
- Hallways, stairwells and landings
- Close to sleeping areas
- Near electrical equipment or anything else that could be a fire hazard
Why choose a mains powered fire alarm?
It’s possible to buy both battery-powered smoke alarms and hard-wired alarms that connect to your mains electricity. Mains powered fire alarms have several advantages:
- No battery failure. Your alarm will keep working as long as your mains power is turned on
- Longer life. Hard-wired smoke detectors tend to last longer and work more reliably than battery-powered alarms
- Wakes you faster. You can connect all of your mains-powered alarms together, so that as soon as one alarm is triggered, the others will sound. This means you’ll be woken by your upstairs fire alarm as soon as your downstairs unit detects a fire starting in the kitchen
Fire safety compliance for landlords
If you’re a landlord looking to meet legal safety standards in your property, just give us a call. We can help with:
- Fire alarm testing and maintenance
- Fire alarm installation
- Electrical appliance testing (PAT testing)
- Fixed wire testing (EICR)
Why choose KG Electrical Contractors for your fire alarm testing services?
Looking for professional fire alarm testing and installation from a company you can trust? Fire alarms and smoke detectors need to be reliable, so it makes sense to get your alarm installed by a professional fire alarm engineer. All of our team are:
- Fully qualified electricians with ECS cards
- DBS checked
- Friendly, professional and reliable
- Clean and tidy – we won’t leave a trace after we visit!
“KG have been extremely reliable and I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Case StudiesView all case studies
Feature lighting was required during a new driveway installation. The idea was to light up the entrance to the driveway so that everyone pulling on and off the driveway could see better.