Electrical Rewiring in St Albans
Looking for a professional team of electricians to rewire your home? At KG Electrical Contractors, our friendly and reliable engineers offer electrical rewiring services to homes in St Albans and surrounding areas.
Our electrical rewiring services
Here’s what you can expect from our team of electrical engineers:
- Expert advice. We’ll go through your options, so you can make an informed decision about what you need for your home
- Peace of mind. Our experienced electricians will make sure your electrics meet the latest safety regulations, so your home is safe
- Minimal disruption. We’ll get your rewiring done on time, keep out of your way, and tidy up after ourselves when we’ve finished the job
- Perfect teamwork. If you’re getting building work done, we’re happy to work alongside other contractors to ensure that the project goes smoothly
- Testing and maintenance. We’re here to ensure that everything works the way it should, after installation
Need some help? Get in contact today
While you’re rewiring the house, it’s the perfect time to get any other jobs done that you might have been considering for a while. We’ll walk you through the rewiring process, helping you to decide what you need for your home. It’s a good opportunity to think about what you want, what would add extra flair or make a lovely feature, or what would help future-proof your property. We’ll be on hand to make suggestions and explain your options.
Here are some things to think about:
- Plug sockets and light switches. Are you happy with what you have? If your room layout has changed since your wiring was installed, there might be a few changes that could make life easier. This is a good opportunity to add extra power points or relocate your switches to a more convenient place
- Lighting. Could this be a good time to upgrade your domestic lighting? You could make the switch to LED lighting, or install ceiling spotlights for a modern look
- Extractor fans. Is your kitchen and bathroom ventilation fit for purpose? Many homeowners consider upgrading their extractor fans to improve air quality and prevent condensation
- Consumer units. We can upgrade your old-style fuse box to a modern consumer unit that complies with all current safety standards
Does your home need rewiring?
There are a few reasons why you might need full or partial rewiring in your home:
- Old, unsafe wiring. It’s recommended that homeowners get their wiring checked every 30 years or less. In and around St Albans, many homes first had electricity installed 50-70 years ago, and it’s likely that the existing wiring is no longer suitable for modern requirements. Installations from this time are often now starting to degrade with age and could pose a fire risk
- Faulty wiring. This may be unsafe. You might notice signs like exposed wires, flickering lights, tripped switches or mild electric shocks
- New home. Many people choose to rewire and refurbish a new home before moving in
- Home extension or renovation. A new building project requires a whole new electrical installation!
Why choose KG Electrical Contractors for your electrical rewiring?
The team at KG Electrical Contractors are dedicated to delivering a high-quality service and with 15 years’ experience in the industry, you can count on our expertise to get the job done.
Providing an outstanding customer service experience is also at the heart of what we do. Our friendly team are always happy to chat about your needs and discuss your options and you can count on us to deliver a transparent and honest service.
“KG have been extremely reliable and I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Case StudiesView all case studies
Feature lighting was required during a new driveway installation. The idea was to light up the entrance to the driveway so that everyone pulling on and off the driveway could see better.